Values and ethos - promoting British values
At Waverley Nursery, we actively promote British values to ensure that by the time our pupils leave us, they are prepared for a life in modern Britain and being a pupil at a British school. As part of this, we teach our children the spiritual, moral, social and cultural values that bind us all together as British citizens.
Intrinsic into life at Waverley is ensuring that our children understand British values. Our activities, discussions and learning teach our children the importance of:
- Following rules for a happier Nursery family.
- Mutual respect and understanding.
- Appreciation of those who might be different to ourselves whether this is their appearance, their religion, their family life, their ability or any other aspect that makes everyone an individual in their own right.
- Ensuring that everyone has the chance to speak and be listened to.
Watching the Queen and learning about the Royal family
Seasonal Milestones and Celebrations
Throughout the year, we regularly celebrate festivals, special events, seasons and other cultural milestones that are part of the British way of life. We also ensure that children understand that Britain is a multi-cultural, diverse community that includes many beliefs, cultures, races and celebrations. For many of these events, our children are encouraged to dress up like our Prep School pupils.
Here are just a few of the milestones we celebrate each year:
- Chinese New Year
- The coming of each season - Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
- World Book Day
- Modern Languages Day
- Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- Weddings, births and other family events of our staff and children
- Graduation of our Foundation children as they start school
- World Environment Week
- Key sporting events eg.Winter and Summer Olympics, football tournaments
- Father's Day and Mothers Day
Preparing for our Nursery Jubilee party!
Posting an invitation to the Queen for our Platinum Jubilee PartyReligion at Waverley
We are a non-religious school and Nursery but follow the broad outlines of Christian behaviour. We teach our children to respect every religion and learn about the differences and celebrations of the main religions around the world.
Platinum Jubilee Celebrations at Waverley
Watch our video of our Nursery celebrations!