Why Choose Waverley Prep School? - 10 Quick Facts
Waverley is an independent, co-educational school in Finchampstead, Wokingham, offering education for children from 3 months to 11 years.
Why choose Waverley Prep School?… 10 quick facts:
- Ranked 'Best in Berkshire’ for the last 11 years based on Waverley's academic results. Ranked 34th nationally out of over 20,000 Prep and State Primary Schools and ranked 1st in the Wokingham and Reading area. Waverley is a non-selective school. Read more here about our rankings.
- Rated 'Excellent' in our recent ISI (Independent Schools Inspectorate) inspection. This is the highest possible grade achievable for a school.
- Outstanding grammar school results for Waverley's current Year 6’s. Read more here.
- All last year’s Year 6’s were offered a place at their preferred Secondary School.
- An average of 21 pupils per class, with single form entry (one class per year group). This offers pupils an excellent education, ensures that all teachers know all their pupils individually and gives children the chance to regularly mix with pupils of different age groups to build their social skills.
- Provide a warm, nurturing environment with a family feel. Waverley's staff are dedicated and go above and beyond.
- An education which is a combination of traditional and modern teaching methods. We also place great emphasis on our Forest School, outdoor learning and sports to ensure our pupils are healthy in mind and body. We also try to instil the importance of looking after our outdoor environment.
- Every pupil in Year 3-6 is given their own personal Chromebook. This is funded entirely by the school, for use at home and at school and is theirs for their entire education at Waverley. Read more here.
- Wrap-around care 51 weeks per year, from 7.30am-6pm weekdays. Provided through Waverley's own Breakfast Club, After-School Club and Holiday Club - managed by Waverley staff.
- An outstanding array of after-school activities ranging from cooking, fencing, athletics, cheer-leading, gymnastics to Lego and chess. Over 75 after-school activities are offered each academic year.
- Waverley is not a feeder for any specific Secondary School. Pupils from Waverley achieve places at the Secondary School that is right for them - including many pupils achieving scholarships to their preferred school. We have excellent relations with all the local secondary schools - state, independent and grammar.
Experience Waverley During Tier 4 - Video 'Through the Keyhole to Waverley'
Discover a typical day at Waverley for our Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 pupils. Introduced by Mr Mitchell, our Assistant Head.